Welcome to Mike O’Reilly official website.
I’m Mike O’Reilly
I’m as passionate about music and teaching even more so today than when I started my journey back in the late 1980’s. I’ve toured 18 different countries and played alongside some of the world’s top musicians. I love teaching, composing and producing my own music.
Mike O’Reilly Bio
Education and Certificates
- Private Studies with Neil Smolar (Berklee College of music)
- Concordia University BFA in Jazz studies program.
- Music Education for Teachers Certificate Berklee College of Music
- Developing your Musicianship Certificate Berklee College of Music
- The Art of Music Production Certificate Berklee College of Music
- Arranging for Songwriters Certificate Berklee College of Music
- Approaching Music Theory Certificate California Institute for the Arts
- Learning How to Learn Certificate from McMaster University
- Critical Thinking in the Digital Age Certificate from University of Michigan.
- Private Studies Dean Brown (Marcus Miller, Brecker Brothers, Roberta Flack)
- Guitar Chord Voicings Rick Peckham Berklee College of Music Online
- Writing and Editing Certificate University of Michigan Online
- 1988 According to Roger Nuit Magique, Montreal Canada
- 1989 Opening act Temptations Paul Anka with Skipper and Dennis Dean
- 1991 Montreal International Jazz Festival Black Cat Bone
- 1994 Festival Just for Laughs Michelle Sweeney
- 1996 Canada AM live television show
- 1998 Hong Kong Excelsior Hotel Shades Band
- 1998 Fortuna Club Macau, China
- 1999 Staying Alive Club UAE
- 2000 Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, Indonesia
- 2001 Grand Hyatt Bangkok,Thailand,
- 2002 True Colors Club Shenzhen, China
- 2003 Grand Hyatt La Manga, Spain.
- 2004 Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, Indonesia
- 2005 Festival de Musique, Grenoble, France
- 2006 Sheraton Hotel Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- 2007 Grand Hyatt Taipei, Taiwan
- 2008 Grand Hyatt Singapore Musical Director el-live productions
- 2009 Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2010 Grand Hyatt Hotel Seoul, Korea
- 2011 Night Magic Club, Sharm el Sheik, Egypt
- 2012 Grand Hyatt Singapore Artistic Director
- Jimi’s Music Store NDG Quebec 1988-1995
- Musicirle Pierrefonds Quebec 1992- 1997.
- Private lessons since 1989
Working for el-live productions the number one agency in Asia from 2009 right up until 2020 I held various roles including recruitment, artist management and senior band leader. My role included acting as the musical director, organizing the repertoire/ stage show, and grooming the artists for success on and off the stage. My residence at Grand Hyatt Singapore led to my next position in 2019 as Artist Director for Brix nightclub overseeing the most successful nightclub in the Grand Hyatt hotel chain worldwide.